The Active Living Research Translating Research to Policy Award recognizes innovative teams or individuals representing research, policy and/or advocacy who have had success in catalyzing policy or environmental change of relevance to youth physical activity, sedentary behavior and obesity prevention. Our goal is to celebrate achievements, understand how success occurs, and share these stories so others will be inspired to use or adapt new and effective approaches.
2011 Translating Research to Policy Award Recipient
New York City Active Design Guidelines: Promoting Physical Activity and Health in Design
• Karen K. Lee, MD, MHSc, FRCPC, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
• Joyce S. Lee, AIA, LEED AP, New York City Department of Design and Construction
• Gayle Nicoll, MArch, PhD, University of Texas, San Antonio
Read about the 2011 Award Recipient's translation story.
Developing and Implementing the Active Design Guidelines in New York City
DOWNLOAD: Full article
Past Award Recipients
- 2013 Award - Model Communities Initiative of Suburban Cook County, Illinois
- 2012 Award - Clark County, WA Public Health
- 2010 Award - CATCH program
- 2009 Award - Incorporating Public Health in Transportation Planning
- 2008 Award - Arkansas Act 1220 of 2003