The Active Living Research Translating Research to Policy Award recognizes innovative teams or individuals representing research, policy and/or advocacy who have had success in catalyzing policy or environmental change of relevance to youth physical activity, sedentary behavior and obesity prevention. Our goal is to celebrate achievements, understand how success occurs, and share these stories so others will be inspired to use or adapt new and effective approaches.
2009 Translating Research to Policy Award Recipient
Incorporating Public Health in Long Range Transportation Planning: Implementing Research in Policy
• Shaunna K. Burbidge, Ph.D., Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Brigham Young University, and Owner/Principal, Active Planning, Salt Lake City, Utah
Read about the 2009 Award Recipient's translation story.
Additional Award Recipients
- 2013 Award - Model Communities Initiative of Suburban Cook County, Illinois
- 2012 Award - Clark County, WA Public Health
- 2011 Award - New York City Active Design Guidelines
- 2010 Award - CATCH program
- 2008 Award - Arkansas Act 1220 of 2003