The Active Living Research Translating Research to Policy Award recognizes innovative teams or individuals representing research, policy and/or advocacy who have had success in catalyzing policy or environmental change of relevance to youth physical activity, sedentary behavior and obesity prevention. Our goal is to celebrate achievements, understand how success occurs, and share these stories so others will be inspired to use or adapt new and effective approaches.
2012 Translating Research to Policy Award Recipient
Clark County, Washington Public Health, Center for Community Health
- Alan Melnick, MD, MPH, CPH, Health Officer
- Brendon Haggerty, MURP, Program Coordinator
- Marc Boldt, Board of Clark County Commissioners
Read the 2012 Award Recipient's translation story.
Past Award Recipients
- 2015 Award - Deb Hubsmith, SRTS National Partnership
- 2013 Award - Model Communities Initiative of Suburban Cook County, Illinois
- 2011 Award - New York City Active Design Guidelines
- 2010 Award - CATCH program
- 2009 Award - Incorporating Public Health in Transportation Planning
- 2008 Award - Arkansas Act 1220 of 2003